Yet the parameters problem (WAS: CreateProcess API - undocumented use)

Ricardo r00tzz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 08:38:26 CST 2002

Ok, I've tried everything. Change the API used (GetStartupInfoA to
GetStartupInfoW), changed the code, but I have no idea where to change in
wine to, when I have 2 programs, doesn't loose the passed parameters. Here's
how it works:

PGM1 starts and ask the username and the password. If it's ok it writes
FILE1.DAT and FILE1.IDX with settings to PGM2 to run. These files are wrote
correctly, but PGM2 can't read them.
When PGM1 finish wine seems like "closing" and than star over with the PGM2
(called by PGM1 with the parameters writen (API CreateProcess)). But PGM2
starts without any parameters (API GetStartupInfo) and without the
parameters it cant run, so the program exit.

I've already checked 3 files: loader/module.c, scheduler/process.c and
memory/environ.c. And compared it with the MSDN Library, and the codes are
the same, so no problems with it.

How does WINE deal with a program calling another one?

thanks
Ricardo