Direct 3D 8.0 Wrapper for OpenGL Open Sourced

Daniel Sabo sorry at nospam.com
Tue Feb 12 14:35:04 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:08:01 -0800, Damjan Lango wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just found this on http://www.osnews.com/:
>
> Direct 3D 8.0 Wrapper for OpenGL Open Sourced
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=613
>
> Not sure what is the license, but maybe it could be incorporated to wine
> as an alternative to the transgaming's version.
>
> ciao
> Damjan

The license doesn't really matter, as long as it's free it could be used
as a D3D8.dll replacement.

Since I can't seem to make it work on either of my windows computers I
don't know what its output _should_ look like, however it does convince
their demo applications to run (which wine alone could not do). I'll try
it with a few more demanding apps and report back.

(my guess is that there screenshot in the interview was a fake because all
their samples show as untextured)