Wine's path VS host path

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Thu Feb 14 21:08:00 CST 2002

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> Pity you couldn't use some other environment variable.  The entire unix
Yes, but make must also be able to find the tools, hence they are in the
path (I am using Linux's binfmt_misc with the appropriate settings so
that the programs are directly executable).

> compiler would look in, say MYPATH, a shell script could easily set that
> how it liked.
If I had the source, it would already be running natively. However, in
this case I don't - the compiler is for a DSP, and is most definitely
Closed Source....

> *nix current directory is another possibility you should consider.  If
The project is a rather large one, comprised of over 9000 files in many
different directories. Having the tools always in CWD isn't an option.

> wineserver -p

Great! One down, one to go. I'll add that to the initial setup shell script.

Perhaps, one fine day when I'm not trying to get a 160G drive to play
nice in my computer, and I've taken the time to get ADPCM working in
Wine, I can add some sort of additional path environment logic in.

And **I** would actually rather release under LGPL, thankyouverymuch.