OT: Wine build system tech info

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Feb 14 22:43:06 CST 2002

David Elliott <dfe at tgwbd.org> writes:

> I'll probably wind up using Wine's makedep for my project then.  If I
> recall though, it had issues with includes that were only included if
> something was specifically defined.  Maybe I should take another look
> at it.

Wine's makedep doesn't attempt to handle #if or #ifdef at all. This
sometimes results in more dependencies than strictly necessary, but at
least for Wine this isn't a problem. And it makes things much simpler.

> Maybe I can find some time to look through and extend Wine's makedep
> to be a bit more usefull for projects other than Wine.  Or maybe I
> should read a bit more documentation on it first. :-)

If you want to read documentation on Wine's makedep, you'll have to
write some first ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com