brett glass

Shane Shields locutusenterprises at
Fri Feb 15 14:49:23 CST 2002

>The words of a man who has no intention, interest or desire to compromise.
>"There is no need to compromise because my way is the right way."  Brett, no
>on this list that has read your posts fails to see your point.  Some of them
>disagree, some of them agree, but a) you have no formal say in the decision
>course, you're free to do as you've done and bemoan the issue) and b) you
>shown no willingness to look at the points of view of the other members of
>list who don't think the same way you do.

>I think it's time you, to use a phrase, either put up or shut up.  If you
>people to listen to you more than you've listened to them, then write some
> Then, people might be more interested in what you have to say.  Saying
>I *might* contribute, so long as you don't change the license" and presuming
>that your vapourware-work is any sort of argument for people to listen to
>and do what you want, is ridiculous, childish and egotistical.

>We've heard your arguments and attacks on the FSF and RMS.  Fine, you've
>your case and made your point.  Now let the people that can actually make
>decision make it.

hear hear

im glad that you said it. cause if you wasnt going to i was. some people like
arguing for arguments sake but it takes two (or more) people to have an
argument. if no-one was to reply to an unwanted solicitation then that outlet
of expression will die a limp death. for people who enjoy vendettas and
slander the best medicine is to deny them the satisfaction of knowing that
they have produced a response. in other words dont respond to useless
verbatribe and it will dissapear like butter on a hot plate.

this is the only mail that you will see from me about this subject (no need
to regurgitate useless code)

best regards
Shane Shields

To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at