BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sat Feb 16 03:19:02 CST 2002

> My only issue is that both you and Patrik have made your
> views more than
> known, and it's obvious you hate the GPL and GPL-style licenses with a
> vengance.. for whatever reason (which, as someone who has worked on
> commercial projects involving the GPL, are not - in my experiance and
> opinion - based in any substanciated fact whatsoever)..

Please do not find me guilty by association.
I'm sorry to say it but I don't think Brett Glass
have helped my case at all, rather the opposite,
because it seems obvious that many people seem
to have a hard time seperating the various anti-LGPL
view.

I personally do not hate the GPL nor GPL-style licenses,
I think they have a place in the world, but that place
is not nessarily in the Wine project.

I have tried to explain why throught countless mails
so I will not do it again, just say that I'm
not in the I-hate-the-GPL-club rather in the
I-don't-think-your-understand-the-price-you-have-to-pay-club or
the I-don't-wish-to-pay-the-price-club if you prefer.

> So now you've made your point, constantly, how about we just
> take it for
> granted that for every email sent to the list saying 'the gpl is good
> because...' you and Patrik will reply with 'No! It's evil,
> RMS is satan,
> viral licensing, noone will use it, blah blah blah'....

I have never said that.
I do admit that Brett Glass have said that.
However _I_ do not agree.