BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sat Feb 16 09:49:59 CST 2002

At 08:20 AM 2/16/2002, Sean Farley wrote:

>He may have strong emotions against GNU licenses, yet I consider him
>more the opposite of Stallman.  While Glass is strongly against GNU
>licenses, Stallman is strongly against closed-source.

It would be more accurate, I think, to say that Stallman is strongly
against "anything which is not licensed under a license he has written."
He has attacked all licenses that are not his, including the BSD and
X11 licenses. His main complaint about them seems to be that they do not
further his anti-business goals.

--Brett