BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Sean Farley sean at farley.org
Sat Feb 16 09:20:39 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:19, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> > So now you've made your point, constantly, how about we just take it
> > for granted that for every email sent to the list saying 'the gpl is
> > good because...' you and Patrik will reply with 'No! It's evil, RMS
> > is satan, viral licensing, noone will use it, blah blah blah'....
>
> I have never said that.
> I do admit that Brett Glass have said that.
> However _I_ do not agree.

He may have strong emotions against GNU licenses, yet I consider him
more the opposite of Stallman.  While Glass is strongly against GNU
licenses, Stallman is strongly against closed-source.

I think a good test of a license is how little lawyer-speak is in it:
        (WINE's license - texinfo at top)          (GLIBC's LGPL)
wc -l                  19                               482

BSD wins.  :)  Anyone have a Microsoft EULA, as a file, handy?

Sean
scf at farley.org