Clarification on my call for license change

David Laight dsl at l8s.co.uk
Sun Feb 17 05:23:17 CST 2002

> I haven't contributed any code so I will not state my opinion (but you can
> guess that) hehe.

Ah, but if I read the issues correctly, that isn't the problem!
If the LGPL license were in force it would matter whether you
had READ any of the code.

If you see a small fragment of code in LGPL source (even something
relatively trivial like some odd list handling routine) and later
write the same (or very similar) code in some commercial software,
the LGPL license might be construed to apply to the entire
commercial software product - there is no way this is acceptable.

	David