compiling problem

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Feb 18 12:15:10 CST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:

> I have several Win32 console applications. I want to migrate them to
> Linux, and have installed and configured Wine. My target is to migrate
> the programs via winelib. So I don't want to run my applications on the
> fly as windows binary code, but recompile them in Linux enviroment and
> use following WINE console display functions:
[...]
> In file included from /usr/comun/src/mc_vis32.cpp:201:
> /opt/wine/include/wine/wincon.h:25: parse error before `__attribute__'
> /opt/wine/include/wine/wincon.h:229: `PHANDLER_ROUTINE' was not declared
> in this scope

   PHANDLER_ROUTINE is declared in wincon.h:

typedef BOOL (WINAPI *PHANDLER_ROUTINE)(DWORD dwCtrlType);

   gcc is probably confused by the WINAPI (which gets parsed into
__attribute__((stdcall)) or something similar). It seems we keep having
trouble with the placement of WINAPI. You could try the following
placements:

typedef BOOL (* WINAPI PHANDLER_ROUTINE)(DWORD dwCtrlType);
typedef BOOL WINAPI (*PHANDLER_ROUTINE)(DWORD dwCtrlType);

   The problem is that the above are not very standard and quite likely
to not compile with other compilers.

                              145 = 1! + 4! + 5!