Question about ToolbarWindowProc

Guy L. Albertelli galberte at neo.lrun.com
Fri Feb 22 17:07:39 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Kohl" <ekohl at rz-online.de>
To: "Wine Devel" <wine-devel at winehq.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: Question about ToolbarWindowProc

> "Guy L. Albertelli" <galberte at neo.lrun.com> wrote:
>

> > 2. From looking at relay traces, Toolbar messages 0x045d and 0x0463 seem
> > be a
> > pair. They also seem to invoke comctl32.413 which is also undocumented.
> The
> > relay traces seem to suggest that .413 somehow redirects the message to
> > another Winproc. All windows that process through .413 seem to have the
> atom
> > for "CC32SubClassInfo" added as a property (GetProp/SetProp). I suspect
> that
> > this whole thing may be related to the "nativefont" control. There seems
> > be no ill-effect to the messages not being implemented (except for the
> > annoying fixme).  Note that comctl32.413 may also be related to
> comctl32.410
> > and .412.
>
> IMO, the undocumented functions comctl32.410 to comctl32.413 are some kind
> of a subclass manager. They seem to be the functions DefSubclassProc(),
> SetWindowSubclass(), GetWindowSubclass() and RemoveWindowSubclass() which
> are documented in the new Windows XP Platform SDK.

Having just read the MSDN artical at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/pla
tform/CommCtls/Userex/subclassingcontrols.asp
 I agree. The things being done are the "Subclassing controls Prior to
Comctl32.dll version 6". I still feel that the subclassing is done by the
"nativefont" control.

Guy