Out of process COM objects & Installshield v6

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Feb 25 06:06:44 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> I am not sure when and how this NdrDllRegisterProxy appeared, but I am
> experiencing the same problem.
>
> Oh and debugging might not really help, support for proxies registered with
> NdrDllRegisterProxy needs to get implemented. :/

I've been working on this as part of my COM restructure. I've implemented
NdrDllRegisterProxy and large pieces of rpcrt4's marshaling framework. I'd
like to release it to WineHQ, but Gav still wants something in exchange.
(If we can't get money, we'll consider releasing it if a Wine developer
agrees to work on stuff that may be useful for us, like an ALSA driver,
and/or a Wine kernel module to speed up synchronization primitives (like
mutexes), or maybe more DirectShow work, or something of the kind.)