GetStdHandle Problem

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Mon Feb 25 15:31:16 CST 2002

> It builds properly wcmd executable. But running it I get a Segmentation fault (core dumped). When running it using gdb,
> I find the exception before main in library.
> What am I going wrong ?
you should really read

what's you're missing is the complete init sequence of a winelib
you no longer can directly link your .c files directly

you need at least to initialize your application's module before your
is entered (it's why you don't get a decent output handle)

either use winemaker on your source files (winemaker is a dedicated tool
to help you create a winelib project)

when you tried to use the wcmd Makefile, you used in fact,
which is a
template and is expanded into a real Makefile (which is pretty much more
than what you wrote)

so, winemaker is really your friend here