We *really* need a development model change !

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 08:04:11 CST 2002

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
> In theory tests should be written under Windows yes.
> In practice the
> initial version of a test may be done on Windows,
> but I'm sure people
> will then modify the test under Wine without
> bothering to retry under
> Windows every time.

What is the point of having Win32 API unit test which
does not confirm to the API reference implementation?!

I agree that some of developers don't have Windows
installed, don't have time to recompile the tests
under Windows, etc, but Win32 confirmance is purpose
of the whole project. No big qualification is required
to fix confirmance problems and a few volunteers with
access to different Windows platforms can perform this
task.

Andriy