We *really* need a development model change !

David Elliott dfe at tgwbd.org
Wed Jan 2 14:57:03 CST 2002

On 2002.01.02 14:12 Jeremy White wrote:
[big snip]
>    1.  Cygwin installation has *dramatically* improved.
>         Getting a full working toolchain is no longer
>         a big pain in the rear end, it's actually pretty easy.

[big snip]

Well, as I mentioned the other day... I have recently built a linux cross
mingw32 toolchain with the latest released binutils (maybe I should
upgrade that, seems the mingw people also use a newer unstable binutils)
and the latest released gcc (3.0.3) along with the MinGW w32api and
mingw-runtime packages (both version 1.2).

There were a few issues such as building with multithread support that
crept up into the build process and thus I have some patches for that if
anyone is interested.  Most of them patch the configure scripts and so on
so that it uses threading for the target environment instead of trying to
compile posix threads.

I will be contacting the MinGW team about this shortly.

-Dave