[Shrinker] Another landmine

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Jan 2 15:55:07 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:28:22PM -0500, Robert Baruch wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> > "Windows NT/2000 Native API Reference" by Gary Nebbett
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578701996/
> > according to my friend who wrote one of the competitors
> > to Shrinker.
>
> I don't know... I looked at its index on amazon.com, and it had no
> reference to LdrAccessResource. So I suspect this book gives no
> information about the undocumented aspects of Windows, and probably
> regurgitates (like so many other API books) the online documentation.
>
> There's also a book called "Undocumented Windows NT". That would probably
> be the best hope of understanding LdrAccessResource, but without being
> able to flip through it, I don't know if they cover it.
Actually I just ordered both books (and also "Inside COM+ Base Services"),
so I'll have it in case anyone needs info.
But it'll take some 4 to 8 weeks (ground shipping).

And about Windows NT/2000 Native API Reference:
AFAIK it is said to be very good and to contain lots of undocumented API
things.
www.google.com ""Windows NT/2000 Native API Reference" review" should help
a lot :-)

At least I know that review(s) are good, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/