We *really* need a development model change !

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 06:12:26 CST 2002

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> Running test1.pl returns to me :
>
> [syl at snoop winetest]$ cd /c/winetest
> [syl at snoop winetest]$ perl test1.pl
> Can't locate wine.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at test1.pl line 8.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test1.pl line
> 8.---

Sorry, I was not specific enough about the scripts
launching instructions.
It looks like you try to start the script from
directory, which does not have wine.pm module. You
need to put contents of the archive to directory
"programs/winetest" of the wine source tree, build
winetest application, then it will work. This
directory should have wine.pm.

Because of the problems I reported in the message (see
below) the scripts require different launching. You
can start the scripts as:

# this script uses winetest framework
winetest test1.pl

#these don't
perl test2.pl
perl test_all.pl

[...]
>>However I found a few issues with winetest:
>>1) For some reason running test_all.pl with winetest
>>gives compilation error. I saw the same compilation
>>error when I tried to use other Perl testing
>>framework
>>Test::Unit.
>>2) Compilation failure when I try to run test1.pl
>>directly with Perl, like "perl test1.pl"

Let me know if you still can't start the scripts.

Andriy Palamarchuk