We *really* need a development model change !

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 3 14:08:25 CST 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> I don't see poing in selecting subsets of tests. From
> experience - even with pretty big number of tests it
> does not take long time to execute them.

A good testing suite is going to take a long time to run. My simple
atom test takes about 3 seconds on my machine, 1000 such tests would
take an hour. Now some of that is Perl overhead of course, C tests
would likely run faster but you need to compile them first so it's not
necessarily a gain.

In either case a full run will most likely take longer than compiling
Wine itself. Running all tests all the time is simply not an option;
just imagine if you had to rebuild all of Wine everytime you change
something.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com