[RFC] cleaner FD_TYPE_XXX implementation

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at start.com.au
Fri Jan 4 03:23:53 CST 2002

Hi Martin,

Sorry, i should have been a little more clear: if there is a
overlapped console, the code in ReadFile (ie. the implemention) will
ignore the fact that it is a console, and treat it as a standard
overlapped file. In other words, ReadFile should check if the fd is a
console fd first, then check if it has the overlapped flag.

What you're trying to do is good, and my complaint is just a quibble
since the console code doesn't support overlapped operations now
anyway :-]

Mike

Original message from: Martin Wilck <Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com>

>On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Mike McCormack wrote:
>
>> looks good to me. The only complication i can see is if overlapped
>> operations are possible on consoles.
>
>Yes, but the OVERLAPPED flag must be set explicitly by the
get_file_info()

mailto:Mike_McCormack at start.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425