Lindows screenshots

Derek J Witt cappicard at flinthills.com
Fri Jan 4 11:26:16 CST 2002

Yeah, M$ is claiming that they got -indows as a registered trademark.
But, they tried to register "Windows" (by itself) as a registered
trademark a few years back. But they got turned down because the word
"windows" is a common English word.   They cannot register word suffices
as registered trademarks IMO.

Personally, who is going to confuse between "Windows" and "Lindows?"  If
one isn't paying attention, they may sound similar, but in print, they are
unmistakingly different.

It's  yet another abuse of their monopoly status. Just my two cents worth.

**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw at flinthills.com                           *
*   Home Page: http://www.flinthills.com/~djw/                 *
*** "...and on the eighth day, God met Bill Gates." - Unknown **