Changes regarding wnaspi32 layer ?

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Sun Jan 6 16:17:59 CST 2002

Hi,

i have some problems with the winaspi implementation (scsi cd-writer) of the
current version of Wine (tried cvs one or two weeks ago ...)
With the version 20010731 which is included in my SuSE 7.3 distribution it
works fine (except for some graphic glitches in the application - but thats
another story).
I try to run Aheads Nero Burning Rom 5.0 , which refuses to detect the
cd-writer with the newer versions of wine !

I heard of someone running a cvs snapshot from october 2001 which is working,
too - but all later version of wine refuse to work with nero !

The error message is the following:
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD nerocd95. Try --winver nt40
or win31 !
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD BsUDF.VXD. Try --winver nt40
or win31 !

Guess what: --winver nt40 / win31 didn't change anything :-)

So it seems that its not implemented, but with older versions it worked !

Is this a known bug - or do i have to change something else when using the
newer version of wine ? Or is it just broken ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Martin