struct async_private needs generalization for Winsock

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Jan 7 13:34:55 CST 2002

Martin Wilck <Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:

> 2. Unlike File I/O, The WSAOVERLAPPED struct is *not* accessed in any
>    way, except for the hEvent field. The other fields do not carry useful
>    information and are, according to the Winsock2 specs, reserved to
>    service providers, i.e. we are not allowed to write to them.

But in our case Wine would be considered the service provider, so we
can use the structure. It seems you should be able to use the existing
code by providing a different async_handler function, and storing the
needed information in the WSAOVERLAPPED structure. That would be
cleaner than having the low-level file I/O routines know about winsock
structures.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com