We *really* need a development model change !

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Jan 7 15:46:34 CST 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> Simple tests work fine. Problems start when I try to
> use multithreaded Wine tests. In one case the
> framework stucks on reading from pipe. Other code
> layouts have other issues. The cause may be in
> incorrect pipes handling, multi-process tests handling
> or interaction with Wine thread implementation.

I'm not sure if this is what happens, but if two threads try to send
results down the same pipe you'll have problems. You need explicit
threading support in the framework if you want to create threads (the
Perl framework doesn't support threads either at this point, so if
your test works there it's by pure luck).

Another potential problem is that the fork() option of the framework
is going to cause major breakage. You cannot use fork inside a Winelib
app. And in any case I don't think a GPLed framework is appropriate
for Wine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com