We *really* need a development model change !

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 8 15:44:43 CST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> Well, if random opinions count here, I also would prefer Perl. As much as
> I hate Perl (I'm more in the Python camp), I'd hate writing regression
> tests in C much more.

(Another Pythoner, cool :) )

But if we accept tests in C, we don't loose anything. If it's a pain to do
them in C, we'll end up with just a handful of them which we can simply
convert to Perl (which should be trivial since they are just a few). On
the other hand, if we end up with a lot of C tests, means that people
simply prefer C over Perl (for whatever reason), so we would still have
won since we end up with all those tests.

--
Dimi.