We *really* need a development model change !

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 14:34:49 CST 2002

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
> Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> But I think implementing it now would actually make
> your life easier.
> This way you wouldn't have to require some magic
> call to detect you
> are running on Wine, you could simply rely on the
> Wine makefiles to
> pass you the right option.

I don't see any value in information about the first
TODO check in a test script. I, personally, prefer
using "magic call".

One more plus of autodetection - I can run the same
Windows test binary on  Windows and on Wine without
any troubles.

But I'd like to use your idea in other place. I feel
uncomfortable when test does not show anything. It is
not clear whether it runs any checks, whether my last
changes were executed. I suggest to have switch which
turns off output. By default the test will print some
statistics on successful run - number of tests
running, number of TODO tests, time of execution -
anything else? Make script can run test with output
turned off.

Andriy Palamarchuk