Babystep: Testing framework

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 9 14:49:55 CST 2002

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    I think we should definitely be able to check the test output against
> a reference version.

The idea is that there is no test output (except for debugging);
everything is checked right inside the test.

>    Why can't you have one executable per test? Or is there some
> test/check confusion here? One check per executable, or perl file for
> that matter would be crazy.

Because a Winelib executable is too heavyweight; you need a spec file,
multiple object files, a lot of disk space, etc. You cannot
realistically have hundreds of them without creating a horrible mess.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com