WinSpool Ordinal Addition

Mark G. Adams mgadams at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 11 00:09:27 CST 2002

On January 11, 2002 12:21 am, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> This application will not work either under win9x or win2000 because they
> have different functions assigned to ordinal 201:
> win95 OSR2 PE and win98 SE: StartDocPrinterA
> win2000: GetDefaultPrinterA

Interesting. At any rate, I'll pass this info along to see if it can be
determined WTF SourceView's trying to do here.

> It should be clear even for you, since you have submitted two different
> patches with ordinal 201 assigned to absolutely different functions and
> presumably both variants have worked for you. Apparently just adding
> 100 stub OrdinalBase
> should work for you too.

The fact that it worked with different functions there did surprise me. My
assumption (not having a good idea on how ordinal importing works) was that,
at this point, it's just checking for the presence of a function but not
executing it. Very little of the application works under WINE, so I'm not
able to actually test out printing currently.

Given the above, I agree there's no point in assigning ordinals to those two
functions.

Thanks for the additional info. At a minimum, it's highlighted a possible
printing problem we'll have to look in to.

//Mark