Filesystem Regression Test, was: Re: RESEND: Fix return value ...

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jan 15 07:43:08 CST 2002

"Uwe Bonnes" <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> GetSystemDirectory seems easier then other filesystemn functions, as you
> know exactly what to get. Other functions, like GetLongPathname has zillions
> of possible combinations of dots, slashes and backslashes that complicates
> things enormous. I think only by comparing test output produced with Wine
> and Win32 we can see whether Wine behaves right.

Exactly. Why just to not hardcode values retrieved from the running the test
under Windows and compare them in the test run? To simplify things it should
be possible to merge GetLongPathName with CreateFile and CreateDirectory
in the single test case. That would give us completely predictable results.

--
Dmitry.