C testing framewok. Updated. SystemParametersInfo unit test.

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 12:45:57 CST 2002

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
> Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > As we discussed before we can define platform at
> > runtime, so do we really need the
> WINETEST_PLATFORM
> > switch? This is one more thing to break. Somebody
> will
> > eventually mess with the switch when they run the
> test
> > application manually.
>
> Well, that's the point, so that you can change the
> platform to see
> what happens. I needed that to test my todo
> implementation without
> having to reboot under Windows.

Do you mean testing of TODO functionality for Perl
winetest framework or running tests, marked as TODO?

1 - sure, you can test this with environment variable,
but I'd expect this variable to be used for debugging
only. I wonder why you are against using automatic
recognition in production tests.

2 - TODO tests are executed in the same way as usual
tests, only their results are reported differently

> > Automatic platform definition is pretty reliable.
>
> I don't think checking for a Wine registry key is
> reliable at
> all. Nothing prevents someone from having this key
> under Windows.

More reliable than environment variable anyway.
Nothing prevents someone from forgetting to set
correct value to the environment variable before
running test application :-)

In either case the person will learn his mistake very
quickly, after all those WINE_TODOs will blow up in
his fase.

Andriy Palamarchuk