C testing framewok. Updated. SystemParametersInfo unit test.

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:31:19 CST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> No, *please* don't do that. These Unicode macros are an ugliness that
> we should stay away from; in fact we probably want to make it
> impossible to use them, just like we do inside Wine itself. Please
> write tests to call both A and W functions explicitly; it really isn't
> much more work than testing a single variant anyway.

But Alexandre,

The Win32 API is meant to be used that way, and so we should test it.
Besides, I don't see why they are so ugly. Writing xxx instead of xxxA or
xxxW is not ugly in any stretch of the word.

Moreover, you have to realize that writing tests is _boring_ code. A test
may take 20-30 lines of code or more, asking someone to duplicate all that
crap (and maintain, when things break!!!) is simply unreasonable, when
it's really dubious what you get out of all that additional effort.

Incidentally, I just started working (a few month ago) for a company
that's big on XP, and so we write tests for everything we do, so I know
what I'm talking about when I say writing tests is a chore! :)))

--
Dimi.