C testing framewok. Updated. SystemParametersInfo unit test.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 17 15:51:42 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at cs.toronto.edu> writes:

> The Win32 API is meant to be used that way, and so we should test it.
> Besides, I don't see why they are so ugly. Writing xxx instead of xxxA or
> xxxW is not ugly in any stretch of the word.

What's ugly is that you don't compile what you write. This is the most
sure recipe to make sure the code doesn't compile. People will test
code in ASCII mode, and when some poor soul (like me ;-) tries to
compile in Unicode mode to run regression tests it won't work because
nobody ever tried to compile it that way. Or worse it will compile but
not do what was intended because someone has been mixing char and
tchar or whatever.

xxxA and xxxW are different functions (and in fact do not necessarily
behave the same way for all inputs), and they need to be tested
independently.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com