common controls updown patch

Shane Shields locutusenterprises at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 03:37:56 CST 2002

On Saturday 19 January 2002 12:23, you wrote:
> to realize that almost no other programming language does things like
> BASIC.

you got that right!

> Might I suggest Python if you are in the process of learning programming.

isnt programming a never ending learning experience?

> Python is an extremely elegant language, interfaces well with C code, and

at the moment i am really concentrating on C. most of my C experience is with
STL which again forces a different mind set. but once i clean my mind of
misconceptions then i can really start doing things ;-)

> has several GUI toolkits.  I think the default toolkit is Tk (yuk) but

what do you think of QT (KDE's gui)

> The general form is booleanexpression?then:else

things like that would never occur to the basic mind (there are two forms of
basic mind if you think about it) ;-)

> > To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the
> > sayings of source.
>
> hehe.. how true.  Do you know the author of that quote?  We should put it
> on the webpage.

yes i know the author...........and its me! :-) If you want you can put it on
the web page (cool!)

Shane