Decorationless managed windows again

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Jan 21 15:42:36 CST 2002

Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> writes:

> This is incorrect, but I guess my code was also. For example, dialog boxes
> are popup windows parented by their owner. They are not clipped to their
> parent, but dialogs should probably also be managed. Hmm...

You seem to confuse parent and owner. win->parent is always the real
parent in the window hierarchy, no matter whether the window is owned
or not. It will be the desktop for all top-level windows, including
menus, popup dialogs, etc.

Of course to make things simple the 'parent' parameter of CreateWindow
sometimes means parent and sometimes owner. But in the window data
structure they are two separate fields. In any case I don't think we
can use the owner to distinguish managed/non-managed either.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com