Beautifying of Unicode mode check in tests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 23 12:34:02 CST 2002

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> > By definition they won't fail, if they do your test is broken. If
> > calling some function on Win95 returns ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED,
> > the right thing is not to avoid calling the function, it's to call
> > it and check for this error code.
>
> Are we going to make Wine to confirm MS
> implementations to up to this level?

No but we don't have to if the test is done right. Something like:

ret = fooW(...);
if (!ret) /* failed */
  ok( GetLastError() == ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED );
else  /* success */
   ok( check for successful result );

This will work on all platforms, no matter whether they support
Unicode or not.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com