C testing framework. ASCII/Unicode portable version

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jan 24 11:52:03 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at cs.toronto.edu> writes:

> Now, on a different note, you pointed out an interesting thing: we need to
> test mixed A/W cases. We thus have four possible cases:
>   (A,A), (A,W), (W,A), (W,W)
> Should we test all of them?

We must test everything that is part of the expected behavior of the
function. What this means depends on what the function does. In some
cases we have to test combinations, in other cases we don't.

<rant>
Writing tests is not simply a matter of taking a template and filling
in the name of the function you are testing; it requires studying the
API documentation, investigating the function behavior, and then
devising ways to test that behavior. These ways will likely be
different for just about every function. It requires thought and
creativity, not simply applying a recipe.
</rant>

> What is supposed to happen when we have a W->A conversion involving
> Unicode char which so not map to A?

They get mapped to the default char, usually '?'.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com