Pajama Sam's unmanaged window

Ori Pessach ori_pessach_blah at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 14:28:45 CST 2002

On Sunday 27 January 2002 11:22, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Ori Pessach wrote:
> > FALSE for those windows. Are there any other types of windows that
> > shouldn't be managed?
>
> Yes, Alexandre mentions popup menus and tooltips. Perhaps a chart could be
> made, so that it is possible to work out what conditions should be used to
> decide whether to make a window managed...

Yep... Managed tooltips look silly. In any case, unmanaged windows behave
badly, and I don't see any reason to use unmanaged windows when Wine is
running in managed mode.

Does anybody know how X toolkits display tooltips, popup menus, etc.? I
would think that when running managed Wine, all window should be managed, and
the distinction should be between decorationless windows and everything else,
not managed windows and everything else.

If nobody else wants to dig into this, I'll probably take a shot at it.

-Ori Pessach