ReactOS/Mingw32 port

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 15:07:39 CST 2002

Hello,
I am in the process of merging our wine tree back in to the main WINE
branch and have a few issues that need to be addressed:

1. Makefiles and Resources
Alexandre: I know you said you might not accept our makefiles but I went
ahead and sent them for your review, if you don’t want to apply them no
problem. Will you accept the .def's for the dlls as we cannot use the
.specs? No big deal if not because we can keep them on our CVS. Also due
to a bug in windress we cannot use the wine resources so we have to use
binary resources for our port. Will you accept those? If not, once again
no big deal we can keep the makefiles, resources and defs in our CVS
tree.

2. Winsock.h problems
I've been looking at what our guys changed in the wine headers vs the
current wine headers and the current winsock.h seems to have
compatiblity problems for non-posix-like platforms. Any suggestions on
how to fix it for our port?

3. Everything else
I'm still new to the whole programming thing so I'm open for suggestions
from everyone. If anyone has a better way of doing the port rather then
#ifdef/#endif let me know.

I'm going to start submitting patches to the headers today.
Thanks
Steven Edwards