ReactOS/Mingw32 port

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 23:20:13 CST 2002

>Well, eventually I would like to see the the three projects
>(WINE/MinGW/ReactOS) use the same headers. IMO all three projects have
>incomplete and messy Windows headers. If the same headers were used,
there
>would be no need for #ifdefs _PROJECT_NAME_ in them. Of course this
would
>take a long time to implement. Also I would like to see Win16 and Win32

>headers seperated as they do not have much in common and they are not
>important to the ReactOS project. Finally it would be nice to seperate
WINE
>modules that only use the Win32 API from those that uses other APIs
(like
>WINE internal APIs and Win16 APIs) as ReactOS can only share Win32 only

>modules with WINE.

The header part I agree with 100%, Headers and specs/defs need to really
be looked at for WINE/REACTOS/MINGW. This is making for a lot of
redundant work. As for the Win32/Win16/otherAPI separation, I don’t
think this is going to happen. I think the idea behind the wine dll
structure when it comes to the win16 bit stuff is just to forward it to
the win32 equivalent.

Steven