Sooo quiet...

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 28 15:25:18 CST 2002

> I'm slightly against changing the versioning scheme before 1.0.
> After 1.0 we probably want to have so sort of different versioning
> especially since we might release different versions of the DLL:s
> independently of each other. However I don't think there is much
> use of having that pre 1.0.

It's funny, I've spent the last two years trying to convince Alexandre
we should have an 0.9, but now I think I've reversed my original
opinion and think we should stick with our current scheme until 1.0.

Also, I think what's most important about 1.0 is not 1.0 itself,
but it is the promise inherent in 1.1 - that 1.1 will do everything
1.0 did, and a little more.  To that end, I agree that we should
finalize the Wine server protocol, and it sure wouldn't hurt
to have a nice regression system in place as well.

Jer