Sooo quiet...

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Jan 28 16:47:12 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Do you want me to commit patches, or do you want a flamewar?  You
> can't have both <g>

But of course I want both! (I'm just like a little kid -- I want my cake
and eat it too :))

> Seriously, it is planned to have a 0.9 version, but I don't want to
> use the name for any random version, otherwise it doesn't mean
> anything more than the current scheme. My plan is to have 0.9 mark the
> point where all the 1.0 features are in place and all that remains is
> bug fixing. Then the 0.9.x series will be a progressive code freeze
> (each release being a little colder than the previous one) converging
> towards 1.0.

Excellent -- this is exactly what I had in mind. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

BTW, I'm a pedantic bastard sometimes, and one thing that bothers me (and
is not that important in the great scheme of things, I agree), is the fact
that we haven't completed the directory restructuring yet. I would hope we
get that done before 1.0 so we don't have to (1) propagate it for
historical reasons, and (2) don't confuse newcomers.

--
Dimi.