New to wine

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Jan 30 04:45:53 CST 2002

> All wine headers seem to declare function pointers like
>
> <return value> WINAPI (*<function pointer name)(<parameter list>)
>
> Visual C 5 does not like the WINAPI (eg __stdcall) outside of
> the brackets and requires:

[snip]
> Maybe there is someone on this list which can give me an
> direct answer to this.

If you want to compile with Visual C++ you will have to do
something like below.

#ifdef __GNUC__
#define WINAPI_PTR * WINAPI
#else
#define WINAPI_PTR WINAPI *
#endif

And replace all WINAPI function with:

Hmm. That reminds me. I experimented with this some year ago but I
have no distinct memory of asking Alexandre whether he wanted a
patch that does this for Wine. Then I forgot about it.

Alexandre:
Will you accept a patch that does this?