Fix for MoveFileExA

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Wed Jan 30 09:53:22 CST 2002

I just wrote a fix for a fixme located in MoveFileExA. Since this is the first
time I'm writing something for wine I wanted to ask how I shall proceed now.
Shall I simply add it into the CVS or does it have to go somewhere for
revision?

Also I don't want to submit it right now because my current fix is a bit ugly.
The fix is applied for files that should be moved or deleted when windows
boots after an application is installed. Currently there was a message telling
the user that he has to delete/rename the specified files. Now I added some
code that writes an entry in (WINECONFIG)/bootmove and (WINECONFIG)/bootdel
when these functions are called. I also added some code in loader/main.c that
checks if these files exists and if they do it will open them and
deletes/renames the specified files. I hope this solution is acceptable. :)
The only ugly thing about this is that the filenames for bootmove and bootdel
are curerntly hardcoded where I need them. I don't know if there is a global
space somewhere where I can add some fixed names so I did it this way for now,
but this is not the best way in case the names should be changed or something
and also I don't like hardecoded names.

Another drawback of this approach is that it would be possible that more than
one process is writing or reading at the same time there could be potential
problems, so I'd like to hear some opinions if this is ok.

--
Bye,
   Gerhard