Compilation errors for Freetype support

Bill Medland medbi01_1 at accpac.com
Thu Jan 31 09:32:53 CST 2002

"Andriy Palamarchuk" <apa3a at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20020131142102.52659.qmail at web20206.mail.yahoo.com...
> Trying to compile today's Wine I get errors:
>
> freetype.c: In function `WineEngGetGlyphOutline':
> freetype.c:947: `FT_Angle' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> freetype.c:947: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> freetype.c:947: for each function it appears in.)
> freetype.c:947: parse error before `angle'
> freetype.c:993: `angle' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> freetype.c:1003: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `FT_Vector_Rotate'
> freetype.c:1059: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `FT_Cos'
> freetype.c:1060: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `FT_Sin'
>
> Huw,
>   these functions calls were introduced to the file by
> your patch, applyed on Jan 29, 2002.
>
> I believe the problems are because of differences
> between freetype versions. The problem occurs on
> freetype 2.0.1, but according to thread "Prob with
> freetype..." is fixed after upgrading to 2.0.3.
>
> Regards,
> Andriy Palamarchuk

> http://auctions.yahoo.com

So what ought to be done in the code?
1. #else #error "This requires freetype 2.0.3 or later"
2. #else <Here are some definitions that will compile but assume an angle of
zero degrees> #endif
3. ifdefs around the use of FT_Angle etc to provide an alternative method of
achieving it or not supporting ot.

I am interested because I am still trying to get a feel for the typical
thinking in Linux development where there are more independent libraries and
they tend to change more frequently, adding support as they go.

Bill