Compilation errors for Freetype support

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 10:34:02 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:32:53AM -0800, Bill Medland wrote:
> So what ought to be done in the code?
> 1. #else #error "This requires freetype 2.0.3 or later"
> 2. #else <Here are some definitions that will compile but assume an angle of
> zero degrees> #endif
> 3. ifdefs around the use of FT_Angle etc to provide an alternative method of
> achieving it or not supporting ot.
>
> I am interested because I am still trying to get a feel for the typical
> thinking in Linux development where there are more independent libraries and
> they tend to change more frequently, adding support as they go.

Firstly sorry about the delay in replying to these problems; I've had
problems with my subscription to wine-devel, things seem to be back to
normal now though (thanks Andi!).

I'll add a configure test for the trig functions and disable FreeType
support if they're not present - there are other issues with 2.0.1
that make it unusable anyway.

If you're upgrading then go straight to 2.0.6 - there's a bug in
earlier versions that messes up inter-character spacing.

Huw.