Pajama Sam's unmanaged window

Ori Pessach ori_pessach_blah at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 00:01:38 CST 2002

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 17:39, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Ori Pessach wrote:
> > - Changed is_window_managed()'s default return value to TRUE
>
> Perhaps remove the cruft this leaves behind, then.

Of course.

> > - In tooltips.c, TOOLTIPS_NCCreate(), I set the WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW bit in
> > the tooltip's dwExStyle field. This, I believe, is the right thing to do
>

> Then I suggest you submit this piece of the patch to wine-patches
> independently of the rest of this.

Will do.

> Since this is probably not the case, perhaps it's better to check for the
> popup menu class in is_window_managed(), something like
>
>  if (GetClassLongA(win->hwndSelf, GCW_ATOM) == POPUPMENU_CLASS_ATOM) return
> FALSE;

Ah ha! Exactly what I had in mind. After thinking about this, it seemed to me
that is_window_managed() should examine the window's class, as well as its
style bits, since the class will give a more accurate indication of what kind
of window we're dealing with than just the style bits.

-Ori Pessach