mingw32 port and cygwin

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 04:39:42 CST 2002

>Not necessarily, if there are compiler differences an #ifdef may be
>appropriate, we have some for gcc too. In other cases there could be
>better alternatives. Why don't you post your problems on this list so
>that people can suggest solutions?

I don’t think we should have any compiler differences because mingw is
currently based on gcc-2.95.3 but we might in the future due to some of
the changes we are making. The problems I am having are really simple
stupid stuff.

Ok, well the first problem might just be an issue with me, due to a lack
of experience with autoconf and automake. I'm using msys and mingw to
try and ./configure wine. I can run ./configure with some other software
so I think I have everything setup right but I seem to be missing
something. Here is the ./configure output.

sh-2.04$ ./configure
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
: command not found
'/configure: line 71: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/configure: line 71: `do
sh-2.04$

It seems like this is some sort of bashism because it works fine if I
use bash from cygwin under my msys install.

The next problem is when I try to compile wrc on mingw. I haven't messed
with bison before so I'm totally lost here. I finally got it to do an
y.output so I can try and figure out what is up. Here is the output I
get when I try to build wrc.

bison -y  -v -d -t ./parser.y
conflicts:  2 shift/reduce
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -D__WINE__ -D_REENTRANT  -o y.tab.o y.tab.c
gcc: y.tab.c: No such file or directory
gcc: No input files
make: *** [y.tab.o] Error 1

The last major thing will be the spec and def differences. Because we
are compiling with mingw and making windows dlls using dlltool, we need
to easily convert from specs to defs. I was going to write a shell
script or a simple c program that did this but if anyone has a more
elegant solution please feel free to suggest one.

Thanks
Steven