Bug in MoveFileEx

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Thu Jan 31 17:37:00 CST 2002

I just played around with Thandor trying to install it and see what the
differences are between Win98 and Wine because I noticed a slightly different
behaviour. Now I discovered that MoveFileEx is not even available in Windows
98 but wine supplies it nevertheless. I suspect that the Setup doesn't check
the windows version, but rather calls MoveFileEx and if that fails with not
implemented returncode continues with other code to supply the functionality.
I wrote a small test app to confirm this and this returns an error code when
calling MoveFileEx on a native win98 whiel wine executes it.

How shall I fix this? Shall I simply call GetVersion() to determine if
MoveFileEx should be allowed or is there a different way with wine to
determine which functions are available for which version (a global variable
or such)? I looked through the sources but I couldn't find anywhere something
where a versioncheck has been used to switch code but then again I don't know
much functions where I know for sure that they are available in one version
and not in the other.

--
Bye,
   Gerhard