Bug #829 triggers lock-up in Baldur's Gate

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jul 1 04:23:00 CDT 2002

> >err:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_Lock  Negative values in LPRECT !!!
> >err:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_Lock  Negative values in LPRECT !!!
>
> [snip]
> I don't know for sure that direct draw is what is locking it up, but
> this is not good. and could very well be why the program lock up.  Why
> don't you start a bug report in bugzilla for this error and we can see
> if we can fix this first. Please include the steps to recreate the bug
> what you see/happens as well as what you expected to see/happen.

Well, this is an age old 'error' in Baldur's Gate. I never was able to know
if this is a :
  1) Wine bug that triggers this feature
  2) a Baldur's Gate 'feature' that works also with MS's DirectX (ie that
     their drivers are doing the same checks than us for the size of the
     RECT).

But it should be pretty harmless.

Raise a bug report only if you plan to seriously investigate it (ie by doing
a Windows program with a negative LPRECT and checking if it works or fails).
Otherwise, I would say not to bother.

> >fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt 	Unsupported flags: DDBLT_DDFX
> >fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt 	Unsupported flags: DDBLT_DDFX
>
> While we are at it we need to fix this too.  So  if you could be so kind
> as to make a bug report for this one for this too.  I will see what I can do
> msdn has this to say about DD_BLT_DDFX

Well, that should not lock the game up... At worst, you will have some
screen corruption (that is the case when choosing all the hardware
accelerations on), but it should not lock up.

            Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/