IsDialogMessageA/W question

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Jul 1 15:21:21 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:30:46PM +0200, Sander van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a specific reason why unprocessed messages in IsDialogMessage
> don't get dispatched?
> Experiments in Windows 2000 show this is not (always) correct. It seems
> all messages passed on to IsDialogMessage are dispatched and it
> always returns 1.
Hmm, IsDialogMessage seems to be a bit of a mystery.
I had a look at it several times already, and I could never quite
find out how it is supposed to handle stuff from the docu available in
various places...

We actually might want to write our very own manual page for this function;
given the current documentation status of this function, it definitely
deserves it (as opposed to some other much better described functions !).

--
"My attitude is, everybody should try competing with Microsoft once in their life. Once."
- Marc Andreessen, former Netscape lead employee, in a "browser wars" interview