Private Profile Regression Test

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jul 2 07:24:45 CDT 2002

"Joshua Thielen" <thielen at netprince.net> wrote:

> Anyhoo, please let me know what you think - are the tests sufficient,
> too much, not written properly? etc.

First of all, thank you very much Joshua! Really great work!

A couple of comments though:

    /*
     * Special case: NULL lpReturnedString with size > 0
     * This causes an application error in win2k. Let's make wine better :)
     */
IMO it's not very good idea to make some tests succeed under Wine, which
clearly crashes under win2k. That would play some bad role in the case
of the back porting Wine code to Windows, since some code, internal
to Wine, could rely on that forbidden API behaviour.

I also have the following failures under win2k:

Number of bytes read do not match
FAIL: c:\result.ini does not match compare1.ini
Number of bytes read do not match
FAIL: c:\result.ini does not match compare2.ini

--
Dmitry.